When Things Fall Apart is a great book. Our editors rated it with a top 5 stars.
The beautiful practicality of her teaching has made Pema Chödrön one of the most beloved of contemporary American spiritual authors among Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike. A collection of talks she gave between 1987 and 1994, the book is a treasury of wisdom for going on living when we are overcome by pain and difficulties. Chödrön discusses:
· Using painful emotions to cultivate wisdom, compassion, and courage
· Communicating so as to encourage others to open up rather than shut down
· Practices for reversing habitual patterns
· Methods for working with chaotic situations
· Ways for creating effective social action